YES! There are ample buyers to purchase homes that are priced correctly, staged appropriately, and properly marketed. Each home has a range of value. Make your home as presentable as possible. Have a professional Realtor help you price your home.
List your home with a real estate company that has a comprehensive marketing strategy. When you do all three, you will receive the maximum net proceeds for your home. It is not only a good time to sell, it is an excellent time to purchase your next home. Interest rates are at historical lows giving you more purchasing power.
Due to increased cost of land development and home construction, prices are lower today than what they will be tomorrow. If you are looking to purchase a larger home, you may have an opportunity to purchase more home for the money if you act now..
• Mow and water the lawn
• Trim trees and plant flowers
• Store all bikes, toys and equipment out of sight
• Paint or touch-up the outside of the house
• Put potted flowers in the front
• Get rid of unnecessary furniture. Use a self storage facility if necessary.
• Clean closets and clear off countertops
• Scrub all tile floors
• Clean all carpets
• Clean all windows and mirrors
• Clean stains in all sinks and tubs
• Stop smoking in the house
• Bathe pets and clean out litter boxes
• Empty all trash, recycle bins, etc
• Dry-clean drapes
• Use baking soda boxes in smell-prone areas
• Place flowers, potpourri or air fresheners around the house
Ask a “buyer”
• Invite a friend to walk through your home like a buyer would. Get their opinion on whether or not it’s inviting, clean and well-maintained. Make any
changes they suggest.
The terms “real estate settlement” and “closing” mean the same. It is the meeting where the seller conveys the ownership of the property to the buyer.
A settlement officer, either a title company representative or the buyer’s attorney, will conduct the closing. Many papers need to be reviewed, signed, notarized and witnessed. Among the documents you will be asked to sign is a seller’s affidavit and deed.
Upon execution of the deed and the exchange of keys, you will receive your proceeds. I’ll walk you through what to expect at settlement and answer any questions you may have.